TRANSPORTCONTROL: THE FIRST MANUFACTURER INDEPENDENT
LEAD CONTROL SYSTEM FOR AGVs
Worldwide unique solution for everything that moves in the hall.
The future of in-house transport belongs to automated guided vehicles (AGV). Many manufacturers now offer such vehicles - but with one catch: the control system for a AGV fleet must be purchased separately and only works with the vehicles of the manufacturer concerned.
This poses a problem for large companies that use AGVs from multiple vendors and have to work with different non-compliant systems. And for smaller companies, the price of the control software is often too high.
This changes with TransportControl, the control system for everything that moves in a hall. This means that not only AGVs, but also forklifts or stacker cranes can be controlled, regardless of manufacturer - a system that is currently unique in the world.
The advantages of TransportControl
- The software runs in a browser interface
- Planning / Simulation / Production within a window
- Intuitive usability ensures high user acceptance
- Mobile access: browsers are available on almost all devices
- 4 different permission levels depending on the user role
- Plant-specific user interfaces are easy to implement
- Segments define the logical sections of the route
- Real-time changes can be made directly by the user at any time
- Fast commissioning especially in combination with flexible AGV navigation
- Route creation and test directly in the browser
- Jobs include driving jobs and target actions: Battery charging, fork lowering, trailer coupling, etc.
- Cost-based algorithm always finds the most efficient transport route
- Transport costs are calculated based on distance, time and route condition
- Cost change can be automated via script
- Dynamic rerouting with changed costs
- Fully automatic vehicle disposition
- TransportControl is independent of the AGV manufacturer
- Communication telegrams can be adapted according to vehicle type
- Combination of different vehicle types in the same system possible
- Model Editor allows graphical AGV configuration
- Enables extensive system adaptations without downtime
- Plant-specific management of vehicles according to customer requirements
- Complete control of plant logistics possible, without warehouse management system
- Application examples: Interaction with traffic light and barrier controls; battery management of vehicles; custom traffic regulation; area clearing in case of alarm
- Local vehicle sensors cannot "see around the bend"
- TransportControl regulates the vehicle distance via route-adapted envelopes
- Classical control systems work by means of "block operation"
- TransportControlcan make maximum use of the route capacity
- Open interface for both internal and external systems
- Industry Standard REST API for High-Level Clients
- Extremely slim UDP API for low-level clients
TransportControl operates with a staggered licensing model, which makes it possible even for smaller companies to purchase a comprehensive control system for their AGVs.
"The manufacturer of a vehicle does not matter to TransportControl," emphasizes Dr. Abaid Goda, managing director with GS Fleetcontrol. „With TransportControl, we offer a globally unique manufacturer-independent solution".